Bring Project Ava To Your Conference
Project Ava seeks to bring awareness to structures of privilege specifically in media. Our workshops are intended for participants to understand the true power of their own stories and voice. Through sharing personal experiences, participants will gain a better understanding of their identity, their community, and the impact that their stories can have on self-empowerment, social issues, and the advocacy community.
Project Ava representatives have presented at a number conferences as workshop facilitators, panelists, and speakers with up to 100 attendees from high school, college, and young professionals. We aim to provide a unique experience for the attendees of each event that is custom-tailored for the goals and mission of that conference. Below is a list of some of our past presentations and workshops:
- Workshop, 75th Anniversary Boettcher Scholar Summit
- Workshop, University of Denver Diversity Summit
- Keynote, HOBY Colorado
- Speaker, eXpressions
- Workshop, Mid-Atlantic Union of Vietnamese Students Associations Advanced Conference
- Workshop, Southwest Union of Vietnamese Students Associations Apex Conference
- Workshop, Midwest Asian American Student Union Spring 2016 Conference
- Workshop, Allied Media Conference
Seeking Opportunities to Present
Project Ava welcomes opportunities to present for conferences and seminars with similar missions for which we can further enhance attendee experience and equip them with tools for social justice and advocacy. Our workshops and presentations center around the following themes:
- Storytelling in Digital Activism
- Minorities in Journalism
- Storytelling via Social Media/Blogging
- Non-profits in Media/Marketing
Beyond conference and expo events, Project Ava also hosts workshops for independent and student organizations looking to empower their members through Storytelling.
If you are interested in bringing Project Ava to a future event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Project Ava Team